A Favorite Thing #13

What the heck? It’s already the 13th week of A Favorite Thing? How can that be?

Welcome. I hope you all had the loveliest of Thanksgivings and are happily full of leftovers and pie! (I am.) Let’s look at some highlights from last week:

Ms. Redo wrote about her love of thrift stores. She found a Better Homes & Gardens book on Color at a Goodwill store  and  discovered that her favorite colors are those that are Warm – red, yellow, pink and orange. Of course, she simply had to go out to the thrift stores so stock up on treasures in those colors! (I love that shade of green.)

Linda of Coastal Charm shared some new things she bought for her home at the beach. Linda has a home on the Gulf Coast and look at that view! Oh, I’m more than a wee bit jealous. It’s getting colder and grayer here and that beach looks heavenly.

Vicki, of Life In My Empty Nest, decided to take her daily walk in a different place. She chose a nearby nature park and shared the lovely views with us.

I’m cheating just a wee bit by re-posting a photo that I used in my Friday post. My favorite thing this week is the stylish, trend setting look on my girl, Scout. Scout was in the hospital for 2 days this week and had to have some IVs inserted, resulting in shaved legs – poodle style – and a very cool animal print bandage was added. I’m loving the look. And I’m so grateful that my girl is back home where she belongs, getting better all the time.

Now it’s your turn!

You can link up anytime from this evening through Sunday. Make sure you enter the URL of your post. If you’re unsure how to do that, just click on your post title after you’ve published it and copy the information in your browser address window. Come back here, paste the URL into your link entry and there you go! If you have any problems, drop me an email and I’ll help you out. Please link back to this blog on your post. That way, those that read your post and are interested in reading more can do so.

One of my concerns about link parties is that the very reason for them has somewhat gone by the wayside. They’ve become so big and there are so many of them that many bloggers don’t take the time to visit any of the other participants. Link parties are a way to meet new bloggers and share with each other and the only way to do that is to visit each other. So, please, take some time to visit everyone over the next few days. No rush. Stop by, introduce yourself, and leave a comment. It’s the neighborly thing to do. It’s also nice if you leave a comment here, as well.

Have fun!

Comments

Isn’t it wonderful to have lots of leftovers and especially pie? I did so much cooking all week that I am happy to pour myself a glass of wine, let the leftovers heat up in the oven and link up to your party. 13 already? Oh my! Have a great weekend with your sweet girl and thanks for hosting!

Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

2. Kris says

Hi Claudia. First off, so glad your girl is back home and feeling better. I hope you had a great birthday. I love seeing photos of the bloggers whose blogs I read. I makes it feel like I am connecting with them all the more, when I know what they look
    xo Kris

Thanks so much for the feature, aren’t colors heavenly?! Love the colors in your cottage, too! This week I linked a post about a new piece of Vintage Pyrex I found at Goodwill – Pyrex, one of my favorite things! Hugs ~ Mary

Love that Scout is your favorite thing this week! So thrilled she’s feeling better and on the mend, and with her tres chic bandaids.

We haven’t been eating dessert during the week (treating ourselves to it on the weekend though) for a couple of months but we’ve gone bonkers this week … candy, cookies and pie everywhere and so hard to resist after being so good. Zero willpower. Oh well, ’tis the holidays and balm for the weary soul and tummy. ;)

(What did you have for your veggie Thanksgiving? We picked up meals for us at our favorite vegan restaurant this year and took them to my cousins with us, so she wouldn’t have to stress out over what to feed us and we wouldn’t have to probe and ask what had animal products in it. We had a great faux turkey breast and all the goodies. YUM!)

Happy holiday weekend!

• Claudia says

We had all the side dishes Sally (which are really my favorites.) Mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, asparagus, rolls, and Quorn smothered in the gravy, plus Jellied Cranberry slices. And pumpkin pie, of course. I made such a big batch of mashed potatoes that we were absolutely stuffed!

• says

I haven’t tried Quorn yet, will have to remedy that!

The veggie sides are my favorite too but my husband really loves the faux meatie stuff – he’s not happy unless there’s a tofu dog or a Boca burger or something with every meal. So even being vegetarian has its challenges at our house. ;)

Scout’s and Up Town girl now and she will be demanding jewellery all the time! DO NOT let the vet get her started on shoes! Thanks for hosting.

• Claudia says

She definitely is an Up Town girl! I keep looking at the bandage, knowing I should remove it, but I just can’t yet!

Hi! Glad you are hosting this week, and so glad Scout is home. To make a long story short, our Coonhound was in the hosp for over 2 weeks earlier this year. When she came home, my then seven-year-old keot asking when the hair on her legs would grow back!

• Claudia says

I hope your Coonhound is all better now, Diane! I hated having Scout away for 2 days, let alone 2 weeks!

Hi Claudia, I am so happy your kiddo is back home as I type with mine in my lap. Thanks so much for hosting. I shall be back tonight to visit everybody. I have to trim shrubs. xo, olive

Thinking of you and Scout and Don today and decided to just stop in before work to tell you that! :) Hope all is going well. Chin up dear girl!
    mare

9. GinaE says

Miss Scoutie is certainly stylin’! Fashion week has nothing on her. I may need to find some of those band aides myself. And you are so right about left over pie…..my favorite part of Thanksgiving is having pumpkin pie for
    breakfast the next day! Breakfast of champions!!

I’m so glad to hear that Scout is okay. After reading some of the comments above, I think I need to read back over the posts from this past week. And wish you a happy belated birthday it seems. :) Best wishes for a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Hi Claudia,

So glad that Scout is better! How happy you must be; you got your wish!
    Thanks so much for hosting, glad to be a part of this whenever I can!
    Have a happy happy weekend!

xo,
    Poppy

Hi Claudia!

Your “new” blog is incredible! I love the header, the fonts, so many comments!….everything! I’ve been off the blogging bandwagon for awhile so just stepping over the hedge to say hello again :) I am happy your fur baby is feeling better…love your scarves (you are so talented) — Thanksgiving blessings and many good wishes as we skip towards Christmas! xoxo

• Claudia says

Hi Cathy! So nice to hear from you. I’m so glad you like the newly designed blog. Yay! Blessings to you and yours, my friend. xo

Trackbacks