I don’t know about you, but I frequently discover something I find interesting while browsing the web and I bookmark it. It’s a handy way of remembering blogs and articles and interesting web sites. The problem? I have way too many bookmarked sites and I usually have to go through them periodically and delete those sites I no longer have any interest in. Housecleaning. Or Laptopcleaning (I’ve coined a new word.)
Here are some sites you just might like:
- My new favorite blog: Aunt Peaches. Aunt Peaches is a crafter; in fact, her byline is “The Citizen Kane of Craft Blogs.” She is talented, a great photographer, creative and irreverent. And I love me some irreverence. She also uses the occasional cuss word and that makes me love her more. Note: In my daily life, I can bandy about a cuss word or two or three with the best of ’em. I discovered Aunt Peaches via She Posts, another site you might like. She Posts highlighted one of her posts and I clicked over to read it. Two hours later, I had read most of her archives. That’s how much I like her. Bookmarked.
- Adele singing the theme to the new James Bond movie, Skyfall. Gorgeous. Haunting. Bookmarked.
- These stoves are such a neat idea and the company behind them has been passing them out to some of the homeowners who suffered such devastation during Hurricane Sandy. Bookmarked.
- I’ve been reading this blog, Pinch of Yum, for a while now. The authors, Lindsay and Bjork, share yummy recipes with their readers. But the neatest thing, at least to me, is the monthly Income Report. Bjork breaks down the figures and shares just how they earn money from their blog. For those of us trying to earn a little income from our blogs, this is valuable information. By the way, they donate much of that money to charity. Bookmarked.
- Have you seen these blogs? The Pyrex Collective I, The Pyrex Collective II, and The Pyrex Collective III? Oh goodness! If you love Pyrex, and I have to admit I have a real hankering to begin a collection, you will love these blogs. Posts are written by a group of bloggers who love their Pyrex. Bookmarked. Bookmarked. Bookmarked.
- My friend Steve, of An Urban Cottage, sent me this link. This will take you to an incredible, and that doesn’t really begin to cover it, dollhouse in the Greek Revival style made by hand. You must see it. And you must visit Steve, if you haven’t already, because he has the most wonderful house that he is restoring and it’s in Cambridge, MA, my old stomping grounds. Bookmarked.
- I saw this Tumbleweed Tiny House when perusing my email and I fell in love with it. This particular tiny house is a bit bigger than some but still small. And Charming with a capital C. I love the way it’s been decorated. Amazing. Bookmarked.
I hope you enjoy these links on this Sunday. It’s a cold, windy day here in the Northeast and I’m sitting here wearing my flannel pajamas, wrapped in a shawl. We had another sleepless night last night. Enough already, I say. I’m staying in, doing some crocheting (shop update tomorrow) reading and job hunting.