• And now it’s cold again. The wind kicked up last night and with it came a drop in the temperature. We’ll be in the thirties today and tomorrow. Another warm-up on the weekend, then back to cold, then a warm-up…you get the picture.
The slab of ice is shrinking a bit, though you would think after four days of unseasonably warm weather followed by lots of rain, that it would have disappeared. Nope. That’s how thick it is. I hacked at the edges of it yesterday afternoon, breaking up whatever I could, but the central part of the slab is still going strong. It’s not giving up easily. Will this be the “Winter of the Ice Slab?”
The sun just made an appearance. Huzzah!
• I’ve been watching Grace and Frankie (just a bit at a time, I like to extend the pleasure) and David Letterman’s interview with Barack Obama, both of which you can find on Netflix. It’s articulate and funny and serious and it makes me long for the days of a presidency that was reasoned and sane. (Side note: I haven’t been able to crack the Pete Souza book yet. It’s just too painful.)
I bought Fire and Fury by Michael Wolff (about the Trump administration) when I was in the city and I’m just about ready to dig in.
• Observation: why are the nails on my right hand (I’m right-handed) longer than the nails on my left hand? Every nail on my left hand has broken recently, but not so for the right. Wouldn’t you think the hand I lead with would have the broken nails? Hmmm.
• I stocked up on groceries yesterday and grabbed some things for the apartment, as well. After spending a few days there, we realized that we didn’t have a vegetable brush, a dishwashing wand (the kind you fill with dish soap), a steamer – that sort of thing. Don doesn’t have time to hunt down these necessities as he’s in rehearsals all day long.
• While there, I noticed this in the dog toys section of the store:
As if I would let my beloved Lambchop be chewed up! I mean, really! I rescued her, brought her home, and she has joined her fellow Lambchops upstairs in the bedroom. They’re getting along famously.
• The newest season of Schitt’s Creek starts tonight on Pop (a cable channel). I love that show.
• Oh, and I made Cloud Biscuits last night. Comfort food.
• Speaking of comfort food, last night Don said wistfully, “I wish I had more of your cookies.” He means the chocolate chip cookies I made last week. I can take a hint. More cookies on the way.